Deb’s Upcoming Speaking Events
Deb will be presenting and as well as facilitating an Open Space Technology session on CPA firm leadership in a changing world at the 33rd annual Russell Bedford International conference, with an international accounting consultancy consortium, in Mexico City, October 2016.
Deb’s plenary session will focus on CPA leadership and adaptive change. Here’s a preview:
The post-heroic leader (Huey, 1994) is one who knows how to oversee co-creative as well as bottom-up transformative change. The 21st century no longer is served by 20th century hierarchy as the primary mode of leading.
We see this in:
- leaders now relying more on their teams to cope with ever enlarging scope of rapid change and complexity
- senior leaders judged on their ability to develop their leaders while serving as senior leadership team coaches,
- shared power and community building into transformation, rather than installing change, and
- the rise of social media, social product reviews in retail, and the citizen journalist.
These are examples of what the 21st century demands as work changes. Leadership has become more fluid, distributed and action-oriented (Nirenberg, 1993) so that leadership is shared, as it exists within relationship and within community.
Latin American cultures understand relationship deeply, yet they cope with challenges of letting go of hierarchy and “machismo” that is deeply engrained in long standing views of what represents authority. Starting a leadership conversation, within relationships, can be the key that unlocks the door to:
1) letting go of old practices and beliefs that are now outdated
2) opening head –heart – and hands to embrace 21st century leadership learning, what is needed now, and
3) letting new beliefs, vision and actions emerge from stakeholders and in the leadership community, now ready to do something different.
See Deb’s previous speaking engagements here on a range of topics including:
- Entrepreneurs and Innovation
- Adaptive Change (Becoming Anti-Fragile, Community Connected, Participative)
- Leadership and High Performing Teams
- Performance and Beyond Performance Appraisals (how to transition)
- Bullying in the Workplace, and
- Social Media for Business
Also, RECEIVE the BEST of the BEST monthly news by signing up on Deb’s TOOLS page here. (Sample included)
Contact Deb via email: DebNystrom@Reveln.com or LinkedIn or phone if you are interested in a chat about these and related topics for your organization
Recent Talent and Performance news is available here:
SUBSCRIBE to receive for the BEST of the BEST news on Deb’s TOOLS page here.
Also check out Deb’s blog post series with her Ideas for Action colleagues Alan and Jolene:
Thank you for visiting!
Stay in touch. ~ Deb