Here are the tools, downloads and resources that clients and I have found useful.
Sign up for the BEST of the BEST newsletter in the YELLOW box on the top right to get full access to our monthly news and resources. We don’t SPAM ever!
Below is a sample of some of our newest presentations and tools.
Partnerships & Teams:
Change, Entrepreneurship and Innovation:
See the full blog post with resources here: Think like an Entrepreneur: Be Anti-Fragile No Matter Where You Work from the recent American Business Women’s Association presentation in Ann Arbor, Michigan
A sample of Associate Professor Sara Saravathy’s work on entrepreneurship and effectuation is here.
- 2 Change models: Resistance to change and & Managing Complex Change
- Path Diagram for Individual Change Process & Transition by J. Fisher
- Deb’s Pinterest page on Systems Thinking is here
- Deb’s Change Management Resources collection is here.
STAY IN TOUCH with the BEST of the BEST multi-gold star awarded curated news. Deb will soon post access her quotes summary from Antifragile: Things that Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Random House, United States, 2012.
All NEW subscribers to BEST of the BEST news from Deb’s ScoopIt curated news summary will receive a notice of Deb’s:
- Anti-Fragile Quotes Summary (Download the mini-summary as a .PDF or in Word) and
- Creativity and Innovation Metrics: Measuring isn’t Managing
available through June 2014. Current subscribers can also receive these documents by request.
Preview BEST of the BEST here (click on the photo)
List your email address in the YELLOW BOX on theupper right to receive monthly, timely news and trend updates from our group of REVELN ScoopIt newsletters.
Four Gold Awards in 2014 via ScoopIt!
REVELN subscribers receive BEST of the BEST curated news, as well as:
1) Notices of free days for any of our white paper and ebook launches
2) Notices of new coaching & leadership tools and how to:
- Initiate and plan for change and move beyond industrial age practices
- Energize your business and people performance
- Build interest, engagement and sustainable commitment in your client communities
3) Access to evening live digital talks for how to plan for a change, adapt and harness digital & social media for greater achievement, meaning, performance and sustainability
We will NEVER share your email or spam you with weekly emails. You details are safe with us.
You may unsubscribe at any time.
Performance & Teams
- Handout: From Chaos to Creative- Performance Development in a VUCA World (Includes references for transitioning from industrial age performance management practices.)
- The Membership, Control, Goal (MCG) model - to help teams develop, is available here.
- The teamwork Control & Leadership model (relevant to the MCG model above) is here
- The Belbin® Team Roles framework is here to clarify team contributions, needs. (Note: Belbin roles are a starting point, not an ending point for team roles.)
[Depending on your browser, some photos show as compressed. Click on a regular or compressed photo to see it regular or full size.]
- RFPs & Price can be Silly in Choosing the Best Consultant or Facilitator for the Job (includes downloadable decision reference) New site for additional tools, 2013-14
- Strategic Action: Find your way forward through multiple perspectives with Preferred Futuring (.pdf download) including Current Situation: What’s Working, What’s Not!
- The classic (1 page version) 7S Organization Effectiveness Model or McKinsey 7-S by Tom Peters and Robert Waterman ~ A Diagnostic Model for Organizational Effectiveness. Also see Marvin Weisbord’s model.
REVELN Executive & Leadership Coaching & Consulting
for Higher Education Faculty Leaders and Non-Profit Executives
- The video below helps explain the power of coaching. My specialty is infused with 20 years of in-depth practical, intrapreneurial experience based in organization development (OD) change practices in large, complex, decentralized and centralized organizations.
- Find out more about selecting a coach here via this article based on a BlogTalk Radio interview with Terry Wisner, BlogTalk radio host. The full interview is below.
Note: After the initial ad, you may need to adjust your speakers. It may take up to a minute or so for the player to load and for the player controls to appear on your computer screen.
- In the interview, I covered the the three “Cs” of coaching, also referred to as 3 core competencies of coaching. These are the coach having the ability to:
- Connect with his or her person being coached
- Clarify (produce clarity) for the coaching client according to HIS or HER definition, intention – NOT the coaches version
- Commit to an action that produce results in line with the client’s overall coaching goals and desired outcomes.
- I’m also social and digital media savvy via work with the Social Media Learning Lab since 2011, which has been very helpful to my coaching clients.
- Want to find out more about my confidential coaching work with you or someone in your organization? There’s a handy calendar scheduler on my CONTACT page here.
Groups, Retreats & Preferred Futuring & Open Space
- Handout What is Open Space Technology? ICF Michigan from the OST afternoon, 2 hours, with professional coaches at the ICF Michigan Annual Forum, October 17th, 2013, focusing on business building, quotes included.
Here’s preview of what’s next. Click on a photo see the photo gallery.
- ScoopIt news on Talent and Performance Development newsletter (click to view). Email me at DebNystrom@Reveln.com with TALENT & PERFORMANCE in the subject line if you’d like to receive this newsletter in particular.
Social Media learning resources
- Join our LinkedIn Social Media Learning Lab OPEN group
- My book list page is now available here
Other Good Stuff
- Deb’s coaching services page is here. (Executive, leader, team, transition, change, careers)
- Understanding Extroversion and Introversion (downloadable 1 page tool)
- Fun: Enjoy a last Fall ride in the country (1 min.) with the Reveln Spyder – “Free Ride” here.
Tools Mix and Match General List
- Here are 2 Change models: D x V x F > Resistance to change and Managing Complex Change to assess what’s missing in your change/communication planning.
- The MCG team development model - Membership, Control, Goal - why some groups are able to produce a good-to-great results and why others don’t => is available here (Powerpoint doc.) The full article (2 pages) explaining how MCG works is here.
- Preferred Futuring - A robust, flexible process for planning. Integrates well with many aspects of strategy development and visioning. 1 page overview is here (Word doc.)
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) described quite well here. Though Preferred Futuring incorporates SWOT elements (featuring a different approach using Environmental Scanning), SWOT is effective for general planning for many groups.
- A sample Retreat Planning process - with a focus on creating a strategic direction (plan) is here Retreat sample flowchart (pdf)
- Meeting Agendas - PAL & PACT using the structure for meetings: PAL – Purpose, Agenda, Limit and PACT – Purpose, Agenda, Critique, Time
- People and Task - Too many meetings and projects are long on task, and short on people elements. Adding a simple “Welcome!” and “Hi, How are you?” with a sincerely managed, brief check-in on how people are doing and if there are pressing issues can help greatly with the task/people balance for both meetings and with entire projects.
- Ladder of Inference - A good theoretical model that helps capture the invisible in communication, available here. Practically, when communicating, inferences and beliefs are referenced in a nanosecond, with implications that impact communication for days, weeks, years.
Libraries and Other Tools
Want to talk? There’s a handy calendar scheduler on my CONTACT page here.
YOU ARE INVITED! For Deb’s latest Scoop-It news and tools for subscribers (trends, myth-busting, change leadership), sign up on any of the YELLOW INVITE boxes on Reveln.com . (Go to the TOP of this page, upper right, for example.)
You can receive the BEST of the BEST via my monthly newsletter that draws from the topics of Change (most popular), Talent and Performance Development, Motivation, Social Media and Careers and Jobs.
SUBSCRIBE in the YELLOW BOX here.
We don’t ever share your email and you can unsubscribe at any time.
IF you use FACEBOOK: Join the Facebook REVELN community here. It would be great to connect, especially if you are reading REVELN’s fine print!
This work by Reveln Consulting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.