Summary: In this session we explored the science and application of synchronicity and other means of meaning making. What is the place of synchronicity in how we facilitate change and transition? This session will explore how we help ourselves, and therefore help data from the field of existence emerge. Theory U is a tool, a method and way of seeing and facilitating change, which invites data to emerge through shared meaning making helping co-create and sustain the change process.
What is Theory U?
Its originator, Otto Scharmer, says it is three things. It is a:
1) Framework describing a change process.
2) Method for effecting change personally and organizationally, in communities and globally.
3) Description of phenomena in the world – what is naturally happening.
Participants will be able to:
Define the concept of synchronicity
- Identify C.G. Jung’s role in developing the principle
- Understand how Theory U helps data to emerge
- Engage groups to create shared meaning referencing Theory U
- Understand how shared meaning influences change processes
If the concept of synchronicity is unfamiliar, we highly recommend reading:
- Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by C.G. Jung or
- The 7 Secrets of Synchornicity (Your Guide to Finding Meaning in Signs Big and Small) by Trish and Rob MacGregor
Here are the updated blog links to read more about what we covered in the session:
Co-Creation in Theory U: Leading from the Future as it Emerges & the Road to Commitment | Reveln
Talking with Daryl Conner and Change Management Resources, Circa 2011
Change Leadership: Why Should Anyone Trust Your Vision? | John Kotter & Harvard Business Review
Visit the ODX Members Forum at http://www.odexchange.org for additional information and to become familiar with the subject.
This session was offered: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Plymouth, MI